Tuesday 3 March 2015

Planning For Final Shoot

After the week of intense filming, I wasn't able to gather all the required shots that I needed. For my reshoot, I want to really focus on the fact of her transition from poor to rich therefore I will be staying in areas with tall skyscrapers and business people.

I want to my protagonist to focus on one goal and I need this to be evident for the audience to see. So I need to locate a building that's you can see she's focusing on. I want to use The Shard in the heart of London as it's a unique and elegant building and also doesn't look like any other architecture surrounding it.

  • In another way of proving the narrative, I want my character to point at a building on a map or actually point to the building. 
  • Also, I want to do more over-the-shoulder shots where I am following her.
  • I want my character to stand in front of the London skyline, proving how little she is compared to the buildings. I need her to look vulnerable but determined to get there.  
  • Finally, showing her walking right underneath The Shard  where I pan up. 

The portrayal of suburbs to the city center is very popular in movies, especially in one of the most iconic movies of its time Breakfast At Tiffany's, grossing over $20,000,000 since its release in 1960's it boasts its most influential character - Audrey Hepburn. Representing her journey through the stroy
line is exactly what I want to exemplify.

Audrey Hepburn, Breakfast At Tiffany's, 1960s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog