Friday 13 March 2015

Changing Of The Escalator Scene

In my title-sequence I play upon the idea of a "dream" involving a set-goal for my protagonist. In my sequence I initially had a shot of my actor going down on the escalator, I realised I didn't like the idea of this due to the connotations of going down, luckily in my reshoot I filmed her also going up the escalator. Going up towards her goal seems much more suitable than going down.

The original shot.





















Nevertheless, I do like both over-the-shoulder cinematography in my sequence. This is to emphasise that we're following her. Although, I did change it to her going up, I prefer tis one because it's much more intimate than the last shot creating a synthetic relationship with the character; this is when the producer of the movie builds a relationship between the character and the audience, playing upon emotions.
 I prefer the closer, over-the-shoulder shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog