Thursday 19 March 2015

Director Change

After finalising my title sequence, I had a realisation that my director, Noel Clarke, wasn't much suited for my specific genre and narrative. Focusing on his previous work, Adulthood, Kidulthood etc. you can see his work is very gritty, realistic and uses a lot of dark lighting. Now comparing to my final draft, I believe it wouldn't be a project he would do.

However, when looking at Adulthood I can see similar scenes to mine which proves why I initially chose Clarke to direct my film:
Train scenes 
My scenes with graffiti.

Scenes with graffiti in Adulthood
Whereas, Richard Ayoade has done similar movies with the exact feel I want to portray. Especially Submarine the grainy effect, faded colours and the definite stress upon their teenage emotions and settings. I adore his locations, lighting and post-production - exactly what I want to achieve: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog