Friday 13 March 2015

Alternating The Sound

Because my soundtrack is very long, almost seven minutes there was a specific section of this song that had an upbeat recurring beat that I wanted to integrate. Like previously, having a recurring theme of my typography, I want the similar effect with my soundtrack. I also had a thought that from the change from her being from poor-to-rich she's still the same person and still has the same values so thereforeby using the same font and soundtrack throughout this represents this. 

So to get the specific beat in the song, I copy and pasted the soundtrack twice into my timeline. One for the beginning and the second to crop to the specific part. I then discovered a problem with using two different sections of the same song - the crossover between the two. Luckily with my own knowledge, I knew I could use a fading crossover to help remove the major transition from the slow intro into the upbeat climax of the song. Done here, I used the Cross Fade (+3dB) because it gets louder so it adds three dB.


Also I added a cross fade at the beginning of my title sequence so there isn't an impactful start, it wouldn't fit my genre. Therefore by using a cross fade to let the music slowly come into play. 
On the note of the sound, as you can see in the photo above the sound doesn't start from the exact start. In fact, it starts after one clip of footage, I done this deliberately because I like the feel of the footsteps in the audio of the clip - it adds a dramatic start. It also adds emphasis on focusing on the character, you aren't drawn away by a soundtrack. 

I removed the audio from all off my clips, except the beginning: 
You can also see the fade effect appear at the end of the soundtrack. The reasoning behind this is because,just like the start, I don't want an abrupt ending to my title-sequence, I want it to fade into the start of the actual movie. Unlike last time, I increased the length of the cross fade because it adds to the idea of the "dream" theme I want to produce. Slowly ending to indicate her happy ending:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog