Thursday 12 March 2015

Reshooting: Final

After showing my peers and teachers my not-so-finished title sequence, I am glad with the much appreciated feedback, as its boosted me with the ideas needed that will help with the shooting.

In order to signify the journey of my protagonist from rags-to-riches, I location scouted to help convey this. Sticking out most to me was the shard situated in the heart of London. It's elegant design, immense height and overall stunning look I best believe it will aid me in proving Ruby's journey. I took about 5 takes from underneath the building, showing Ruby walking towards this, making it her goal. As well as shooting from far away with The Shard in the back to create that goal. Using steadicam and POV shots, it helped me in indicating my narrative, by focusing on a specific goal using a POV it allowed the idea of a set goal to come alive. The steadicam made the feel of us following her much more realistic.

Furthermore, I relied on luck to find me the best locations for my shoots (but closely sticking to the city's centre to keep that sophisticated yet business feel). Shooting my actor walking along the river's side with the beautiful skyline in the back reinforces the context and setting. Shooting my actor outside colourful buildings in order to create that vivid dream like state because I want dark colours at the beginning which slowly turns into the dramatic and the bursting of colours at the end.



I also shot public transport as that represents, "movement" or "journey" to aid my narrative of the journey of the protagonist. I purposely didn't choose to use the public transport at the end because I wanted the audience to know she has in fact reached her destination, which will let the movie go on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog