Friday 13 March 2015

Post-Production: Smoothcam and Motion Blur

I chose the effect, "Smoothcam" to run throughout my title-sequence, I really like the effect of it as it reinforces the theme of, "dreaming" it's smoothing and motion blurring of the footage helps achieve this. Especially on the shot below, it shows her in the last state before she transitions to more sophisticated and wealthier.  Also, I didn't use much of a tripod whilst filming because it also aided into the weird motion I wanted to achieve.  This is it with smoothcam:


This is the scene without smoothcam:


In the scene above, I also added the motion-blur effect; I deliberately chose this clip as it will set the tone of the entire title sequence. The effect I was aiming to achieve is a go-pro over the shoulder effect, giving it that following + dreamy atmosphere. 

My favourite scene is the ending, it's the final two scenes that contain the smoothcam and motion blur; it really adds stress upon the "dream" theme:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog