Wednesday 18 February 2015

On set: Meeting minutes

On Monday, I planned all things I needed to be done for the next day. By doing this, it allowed me more time to focus on filming efficiently.

 This is where I was shooting, just off Portobello Road. It suited the ideas in my head perfectly, I needed an estate / run-down and rough area to emphasise the poor conditions my protagonist lives in.





This is who's playing, "Ruby". The outfit indicates her urban attitude and look, wearing boots and a parka.























Today, Monday, 16th February, I have gone to North Kensington Library in order to write up a plan and as it's near my desired location, I was able to look around and take pictures. (see above).

So Today, (Tuesday 17th, February). I started off the day with packing my bag with the equipment. Ensuring everything is working, charged and ready-to-go. Leaving my house at 12pm, I got to my setting around 1pm. Staying there for an hour and a half, I was able to shoot 4 shots that include a POV shot, low angle and a panning left close-up. Compared to my first draft, I see a major improvement. Although, last time I didn't bring a tripod and unfortunately, it broke whilst shooting therefore I had to improvise immediately and use railings and concrete sides to support a steady shot. Nevertheless, the quality is adequate enough for my final piece.

Wednesday, 18th, I am now looking through the videos I have taken, I have sorted them into folders of ones I want to keep and ones I don't want to use. Focusing on whether the cinematography was nice and suited my theme of "dream" as well as lighting, mise-en-scene etc.
Friday, I went out and shot new videos in order to use more work to work with. Taking around 3 takes of each shot. Although, on Friday I didn't do as much work compared to the other days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog