Sunday 15 February 2015

Genre Change

After continuously researching movies similar to the films I seek influence from: Juno and Submarine, I realised a "Feel-good" drama wasn't for me. From developing plans I discovered I want to alternate from a "Feel-good" to a "Coming Of Age" story, however keeping the a "feel-good" atmosphere.

The reasoning for my change was down to my narrative, although in fact both genres correlate with with my narrative but I believe a "Coming Of Age" suited it more although, I will still want the "feel-good" atmosphere being produced in the title sequence; down to the fact that you aren't going to "feel-good" throughout the movie because I want to have a sympathetic and sad tone at the beginning of the movie. Moreover, it'll be less of a challenge trying to convey a "feel-good" atmosphere just from a title sequence, as a "coming of age" story will be far more easier as her journey from rags-to-riches symbolise this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog