Tuesday 3 February 2015

Finalising my ideas for the title sequence



Title sequence - 

The title sequence gives a short two to three minute insight into the movies: funding companies, actor credits and also a hint to the storyline; mostly creating an engaging enigma for the audience to be hooked instantly.

For my title sequence, I want to mostly centre on her dream as this main focus of this movie. I will start with Ruby around her home environment, going towards her flat indicating to the audience this is her living conditions. The camera will change to a camera shot of Ruby sitting in a coffee shop, fantasising about being successful in central London where business is most vivid. Once in her "dream", I will make the scenes more colorful intense proving this is a light in her life, showing her walking out of a train station into the architecture heavy areas. Although, this shows she's a "fish out of water" not belonging in these places. However, I will show how she still carries the "chav" stereotype by smoking. Then, how she really isn't accepted in these places by bumping into people/arguing then finally being snapped of the dream in the coffee shop and returning back into her less fortunate lifestyle.

Post-production ideas -

  • For post-production, I really want to exemplify how dark and isolated she feels in her current living state; using dark contrasting effects and possible vignetting on the camera shots.
  • In the transition from reality to fantasy, I want to show fading CGI or some kind of journey indicating how how big the spectrum is from rich to poor. 
  • When in the dream, using a high contrasting and blurring will signify the fantasy life-style. 
  • Editing pace will be quite slow in the beginning to symbolise how she's stuck in this environment then contrasting to fast-paced jump-cuts to focus on how her dreaming comes to an abrupt end. 
  • I will try to focus on the colour of Ruby compared to the people surrounding her to add stress to how different she is to everybody.

Typography ideas - 

I will use two different fonts between the title to actor credits because I want the name to be more dramatic than the credits.

For the title of the movie, "Fixated" I will use the font "Permanent marker" from http://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/permanent-marker
Permanent marker with my title.
Permanent Marker Font Phrases
"Permanent marker" 
I will use a different font when broadcasting the actor's names and production companies that helped with the movie. I am still yet indecisive with what font that I believe will best suit my genre/narrative and target audience, so here's the few i've gathered: 



"Is that clear?" This font is quirky, less serious and will be suitable for a younger audience. 

"Mala's Handwriting" Is also quirky and less formal font, childlike almost which could indicate Ruby's age/character.
"Fun sized" I'm not as sure with this one due to the font i've chosen for my title because these are very two dramatic fonts. 
"Handwriting"
"Whimsical Wilma" this is self-explanatory, it's quirky and whimsical.

I'm slightly leaning towards the movie I seek influence from, Juno, as this movie uses imperfect and childlike handwriting; proving this movie isn't so serious, light-hearted and almost comedic. 


Help me decide:
Which font looks more desirable for an audience 15-30?

As well as an online poll, I created a voting sheet for my peers to fill out; voting for which typography they think is most suitable for my film.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog