Monday 19 January 2015

Target Audience

I wanted to dedicate a whole post for my planning of the targeted audience for my movie, "Fixated", because they are the consumers of this movie. 

To obtain a thorough understanding, I created an online form that I sent out online to over 20,000 followers and personally to 10 friends. The reasoning behind posting it online is because my 10 friends are all the same age, same location and in some instances may have the same taste. Therefore, by posting the form online I am enabled to reach audiences of many varieties such as different age, gender, race, location and taste. 

The form is online here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1InQFcrqDlhlHKJIfhR35XcGv7sgQnJ-at23KU4Ba_Tk/viewform  


Asking these questions and using an online form makes it much more concise and people are able to edit their answers. From asking the basic questions about gender and age to favourite type of drama allows me to get a wide spectrum of the sort of movies different people like.

After having the link posted for almost half an hour, these are the results:



https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1InQFcrqDlhlHKJIfhR35XcGv7sgQnJ-at23KU4Ba_Tk/viewanalytics?usp=form_confirm


After this research, I finally want to target age 15-30 year olds because my movie is about a young girl who dreams about having a successful career, in finance. With the stress from school to the older audience maybe not establishing their career yet I believe the age range is most suitable because they will be able to relate to the audience. I'm thinking of having an age rating of a 15 because I want to include violence and obscene language; emphasising on the realism.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog